A marvelously illustrated look at the world’s diverse forests and their ecosystems
The earth’s forests are havens of nature supporting a diversity of life. Shaped by climate and geography, these vast and dynamic wooded spaces offer unique ecosystems that shelter complex and interdependent webs of flora, fungi, and animals. The World Atlas of Trees and Forests offers a beautiful introduction to what forests are, how they work, how they grow, and how we map, assess, and conserve them.
- Provides the most wide-ranging coverage of the world’s forests available
- Takes readers beneath the breathtaking variety of wooded canopies that span the globe
- Profiles a wealth of tree species, with enlightening and entertaining natural-history highlights along the way
- Features stunning color photos, maps, and graphics
- Draws on the latest cutting-edge research and technology, including satellite imagery