The magical and exciting picture book from the number one bestselling author and illustrator of The Gruffalo, Zog and Stick Man.
‘Madam Dragon ran a school, many moons ago.
She taught young dragons all the things that dragons need to know.
Zog, the biggest dragon, was the keenest one by far.
He tried his hardest every day to win a golden star.’
Zog is the keenest dragon in school. He’s also the most accident-prone, flying into trees and even setting his own wing on fire.
Luckily, a mysterious little girl always comes by and patches up his bumps and bruises.
But will she be able to help him with his toughest test: capturing a princess?
- Shiny foil highlights on the cover makes this a special gift for toddlers
- A magical picture book about dragons, knights and princesses from the UK’s number one picture book author and illustrator
- Perfect read-aloud rhyming text and stunning pictures on every page with lots of details to spot
- The perfect story for children starting school with bravery, kindness, friendship and perseverance at the heart
- Zog has been adapted into a popular animated film starring voices from Sir Lenny Henry (Narrator), Hugh Skinner (Zog), Tracy Ullman (Madame Dragon) and Kit Harrington (Sir Gadabout).
- The Smeds and the Smoos is on BBC One at Christmas with voice artists including Bill Bailey (comedian and Strictly winner), Adjoa Andoh (Bridgerton), Sally Hawkins (Paddington movies) and Rob Brydon (Gavin and Stacey).
- Look out for The Baddies the wickedly funny new picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.
Winner of the Galaxy National Book Award 2010
Praise for Zog: ‘Heartwarming and hilarious. A book to make your heart soar and ‘zigzag through the blue’ Daily Mail
‘Humour, heart and a worthy heroine earn this story its own star’ New York Times
‘A delightful bedtime read with Donaldson’s witty versification and Scheffler’s usual assortment of lushly coloured, winsomely boggle-eyed characters’ FT